Did you know that First Congregational Church has a generous endowment fund that was started in 2012 by Amy Wolsdorf in honor of her late husband? This fund was created to allow expenditures on musical items or services that fall outside the regular budget scope that will enhance the church's musical program. Examples of supported projects may include:
- Special music for the Chancel or other church choirs
- Paid musicians for concerts or special services
- Needs of new or growing music programs ( hand bells, children’s music,….)
- Visiting musicians to work with Chancel or other choirs of the church
We have a newly formed committee that is accepting applications for the use of these funds. We are currently able to spend 1% of the endowment (around $1,900) annually. Our committee will review the applications and then make our recommendations to the Arts and Worship Board.
This fund has been underutilized and we would love to get your ideas so that we can get going on implementing the use of this generous fund. We only have a short time left this year to make this happen so please send us your ideas before December 4 to email@example.com. APPLICATIONS should include:
- Applicant’s Idea
- How the idea meets the funds requirements
- How will this idea serve FCCB
- What amount of money is requested.
Brian Rapp, Chairperson