Faith Formation Small Groups for Adults and Older Youth
All small groups are available to adults and interested youth. Groups will be offered either in a Zoom-only or a hybrid format. Hybrid groups will have the option of participating in person or over Zoom. Each of these groups will be provided with lesson plans including an opening prayer, discussion guide, and closing prayer. Ted will meet with each regularly to facilitate, however, a group coordinator will be able to occasionally lead the group.
Adult Forum - Wednesdays, 7:00-8:00 pm, starting September 7. This fall we will be discussing the book Saving Us by Katharine Hayhoe. Zoom only
Going Deeper - Sundays following worship for approximately 45 minutes, starting October 2: We will be going deeper with our responses and reactions to worship. We will also explore contemporary theologians and connections between worship and our everyday lives. Special series for Advent and Lent will focus on the theology of Handel’s Messiah. Hybrid. Group coordinator: Pat Gillham
Lectionary Bible Study - Tuesdays, 9:30 am, starting October 4: An opportunity to connect the weekly readings of the Narrative Lectionary with everyday life. Each week will start with a brief scripture reflection by Lead Pastor Sharon Benton, with discussion to follow. Zoom only. Group coordinator: Janet Ott
Meet Me in the Middle - Wednesdays at 12:00 noon: We will be discussing the book Climate Church, Climate World by Jim Antal. Participants are invited to join us for whatever part of their lunch hour they are able. Hybrid.
Covenant Groups: New Covenant Groups will form this fall. This year’s theme is “The Art of Practicing Your Faith.” The number of groups will depend upon the number of people interested. Group leaders and meeting times are yet to be determined.
Other Small Group Opportunities
There are several on-going groups in the church that offer faith formation opportunities for adults and older youth. Here are some of those opportunities:
- Book Club – 1st Tuesday of the month at 9:30 am. Contact person is Kathleen McGuinness.
- Spirit Group – 2nd and 4th Fridays at 6:15 pm. Contact person is Jean Scribner.
- Poetry Group – 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7:00 pm. Contact person is John Green.
- Book Group – Thursdays at 5:00 pm. Contact person is Jeff Bell or Janet Ott.
- Creative Connections – 2nd Saturdays at 10:00 am. Contact person is Amelia Bacon.
- Knitting Group – Fridays at 10:00 am. Contact person is Mary Chaney.
- In Stitches Quilting Group - Contact Joan Roley.